København, Aarhus, Roskilde, Ringsted, Holbæk or online
Do you want to improve your skills in reading, writing, and spelling - and even for free? You will receive Danish lessons once or twice a week, which in a short time enables you to use what you learn for your job, your education and at home. You can choose between classroom or online teaching.
Free FVU Danish courses
Why FVU Danish
Perhaps you have passed PD1, PD2 or PD3 and want to improve your Danish or maybe you are already enrolled in The Danish Education Program and need extra Danish lessons to improve your Module test or exams?
FVU Danish is divided into levels (steps). Before your start you will be invited for a test to determine which level that matches your Danish skills and fits your calendar.
When you pass a level, you can apply for:
- Permanent residence in Denmark - level 2 and 3
- Permanent 9th grade of elementary school - level 3
- Vocational schools - level 4 (+ passed FVU Math - level 2)
- Danish citizen ship - level 4
Levels from start to level 4:
Start: You learn to participate in a conversation, read, write, and understand messages.
- We focus on spelling of short and simple words and reading and writing of short texts.
- We take in short everyday texts and continue work on reading and writing.
- We take the grammar to the next level, and we read different text genres and work on expressing ourselves more precisely.
- We primarily work with written Danish, and we write texts with professional or technical content. Level 4 can be preparatory for studies. It can improve one’s knowledge of Danish and qualify for written work assignments such as writing reports.
Tuition twice a week. Each level consists of 40-80 lessons. Each level can be completed with a test - we have FVU tests up till four times a year.
Time and place
You can receive FVU Danish lessons in the morning, day, evening, on Saturdays, online or in one of our departments in København, Aarhus, Roskilde, Ringsted & Holbæk or at universities and at work places.
FVU is free of charge. If you have a job, your employer can apply for SVU (Statens Voksenuddannelsesstøtte) as financial compensation for the work hours that you will spend at the FVU course.
Read more about FVU Danish and FVU Math
København og Roskilde
Phone: +45 41 73 81 00
Ringsted & Holbæk
Phone: +45 41 73 81 00
Anette Foged Christensen
Phone: 41 73 81 85
FVU Companies & Education institutions
Mariann Horsted Rolsted
Phone: 31 72 68 60
FVU and OBU collaborators
Bekendtgørelse om undervisning m.v. inden for forberedende voksenundervisning